If you have missing teeth, then you are likely searching for a good replacement option. It is important to fill the gaps in your smile to restore your confidence and speaking and chewing abilities. At Nexa Dental, we provide our patients with dentures in Willow Park as a simple and cost-effective way to restore their smiles. Read on to learn more about how you can benefit from dentures near you.
What Are Dentures?
Dentures are replacements for gums and teeth. They are usually made from acrylic resin, plastics, and metal, which are created to look just like natural teeth. There are two main kinds of dentures available: partial and complete dentures.
Partial dentures are used by our dentist in Willow Park when just one or more of your teeth require replacement. They work to replace your missing teeth and keep your remaining teeth from shifting, maintaining their correct alignment.
Partial dentures can either be removable or fixed. Fixed dentures are also known as implants and are surgically inserted into your jawbone. They tend to be more expensive than removable dentures, which are usually anchored in the mouth using metal fastenings. Some of the benefits that partial dentures provide include:
- Enhanced confidence and appearance
- Improved chewing and speaking capabilities
- Prevention of shifting teeth
- Reduced risk of bone deterioration
- Support for your facial muscles
Complete dentures are often called “false teeth” and are used when all of your natural teeth are missing or require extraction. There are two categories of complete dentures:
- Conventional dentures- these are created and inserted after all of the teeth have been removed and the gum tissue has been given time to heal. The process for getting these dentures typically takes eight to twelve weeks.
- Immediate dentures- these are made in advance of your tooth extractions and can be placed as soon as the teeth have been removed. However, since your bone structure can change during the healing period, immediate dentures will often need to be readjusted by our dentist near you within a few weeks.
If you have lost all of your teeth, whether from injury, gum disease, or tooth decay, being fitted with complete dentures will improve your:
- Oral health
- Overall appearance
- Ability to speak and chew
- Quality of life
- Boosted confidence
When you visit our team at Nexa Dental for dentures, our team will work with you to determine the best set of dentures for your specific circumstances. They will provide you with a comprehensive evaluation to ensure that you get the best restoration possible.
Visit Nexa Dental
If you have missing teeth and are looking for a convenient, cost-effective, and simple way to restore your smile, then dentures may be the best solution for your needs. If you would like to learn more about dentures and which form is right for you, please do not hesitate to contact our team of dedicated dental professionals at Nexa Dental.
We are happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have about dentures and work with you to create the perfect treatment plan for your needs. Please call us to book your consultation today.