There are many misconceptions about dentures. One of the most common misconceptions is that dentures are only for seniors. However, many people lose their teeth much earlier than expected to do traumatic injuries, gum disease, tooth decay, and chronic illnesses. If you have missing teeth and think that you need dentures, our team at Nexa Dental is here to help you understand the process and address your concerns.
What Are Dentures, and When Are They Necessary?
Dentures are false tooth replacements for patients who have missing teeth. Dentures in Willow Park come in many varieties, and there is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all denture. Some patients may only need partial dentures to replace a few missing teeth, while other patients may need full dentures to replace upper and lower sets of teeth. In some cases, patients may require implant-supported dentures as the best way to replace their teeth.
If you’ve experienced any of the following, you may require dentures near you:
- Constant Toothaches: If you constantly find yourself dealing with pain from toothaches, you should visit our dentist in Willow Park immediately. Toothaches can signify many oral health issues, such as cavities or bone deterioration.
- Irritated Gums/ Tooth Decay: If you have red, bleeding, swollen, or tender gums, then you may have advanced gum disease. If this is not treated, it can result in tooth loss.
- Missing Teeth: If you already have several missing teeth, you may feel that you can manage fine without them. However, this could be doing more harm than good to your remaining teeth and jawbone. Replacing your teeth in a timely manner can save you from further pain and grief down the line.
- Chronic Indigestion: If you suffer from chronic indigestion, your teeth may be to blame. If you are unable to chew properly, you may end up trying to compensate for this by swallowing bigger bites that are much harder for your body to process. You may also avoid certain foods that are more difficult to chew which can impact your ability to eat a well-balanced diet.
- Low Self-Esteem: Many patients who require dentures feel self-conscious about their smiles. Dentures can greatly improve your confidence and quality of life.
If you have suffered from any of the above, dentures can significantly improve your quality of life and get you back the smile of your dreams.
What to Expect When Getting Dentures
If you believe that you need dentures, start by visiting our dentist in Willow Park. Our team at Nexa Dental will work with you to find the best dentures for your needs and ensure that you know what to expect from your new dentures.
Dentures are custom-made for each individual patient, and our dentist near you will work hard to ensure that your dentures fit comfortably and align properly. Getting fitted for dentures does not have to be scary or overwhelming. Our team of dedicated dental professionals is here to help you every step of the way, from the initial consultation to wearing your new dentures.
If you require dentures, don’t hesitate to contact Nexa Dental. Our team is happy to chat with you about your options and work with you to find a solution that will meet all your needs. We have options to suit all budgets and are happy to explain how you can take care of your new dentures so that they fit comfortably for many years to come. Please book a consultation for dentures today!