When most people think of cosmetic injections, they think of how they can reduce wrinkles and lines on the face. However, it may surprise you to discover that cosmetic injections near you have many medical uses.
Largely due to their minimally invasive nature, the use of cosmetic injections in dentistry is expanding to treat dental problems such as bruxism, shifting jaw muscles, temporomandibular joint disorder, high lip lines, and more. In this article, our team at Crown Dental tells you everything you need to know about the medical uses of cosmetic injections in dentistry.
Common Uses of Cosmetic Injections in Dentistry
With the right training, a dentist in Willow Park can use cosmetic injections to help patients with some of the following:
- Patients who wear dentures can benefit from cosmetic injections in cases where lip muscles have begun to reposition due to lack of support. Cosmetic injections can retrain and relax the muscles around a new denture.
- Patients with a high lip line can opt for cosmetic injections to relax their lip muscles and achieve a more aesthetically pleasing smile.
- Patients who are struggling with the pain from temporomandibular joint disorder can also benefit from cosmetic injections. TMJ disorders can cause severe pain due to hyperactive muscles. Cosmetic injections near Willow Park can relax these muscles to provide quick and efficient pain relief.
These are just some of the conditions that cosmetic injections can help treat. If you would like to know more about how you can benefit from cosmetic injections, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our team of dedicated dental professionals at Crown Dental today.
Common Myths about Cosmetic Injections
Despite their popularity, many individuals are still hesitant when it comes to cosmetic injections due to the misconceptions that have accumulated over the years. Here are some common myths about cosmetic injections:
- Cosmetic injections lead to a frozen face: many people think that cosmetic injections will make them lose the ability to make facial expressions. This is not the case- cosmetic injections simply relax the muscles at the injection site, and as long as you get these injections from a qualified dentist near you, you will have no problem displaying any emotions.
- Cosmetic injections are painful: for many individuals, the idea of an injection automatically elicits the notion of pain. However, with cosmetic injections, most patients only feel a slight pinch if any discomfort at all.
- Wrinkles will worsen if you stop treatment: another common misconception is that once individuals begin getting cosmetic injections, their wrinkles will worsen once they stop treatment. On the contrary, cosmetic injections will not worsen wrinkle formation; the only thing that will occur is original wrinkles returning.
- Cosmetic injections are toxic: this is also not true, and these injections would not be approved if they were harmful. Cosmetic injections have a long and well-established history of being both safe and effective.
Find a Dentist Trained in Using Cosmetic Injections
As you can tell, cosmetic injections are now being used more often than ever to correct many cosmetic and health issues in dentistry. At Crown Dental, we are happy to provide our patients with cosmetic injections. Our team of dedicated dental professionals is happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have about this innovative treatment method. Please contact us to learn more about how you can benefit from cosmetic injections today!